Plant tag defaults

J. Wallace

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In the Plant Settings, under the Tag pane, you should be able to set the default class for plant tags, if you do this, then change that classes default text style to the desired style, it should do it automatically to any newly placed plants

Additionally, you should be able to select all existing plants, then make the same modification to their plant tage class and push the text style change to those tags as well.

Its not letting me apply it via the class as I would expect here either, I'll submit this as an issue.

Currently it seems you have to apply the text style to the plant objects directly after creation. Even applying the text style to the main class of the plant, where the tag defaults to, doesn't change the text style for the tags as one would expect.

Thank you Jim. Another little issue which may or may not be related is changing plant groups. Here I have three plants with an assigned text style (same as assigned in class). One I change the group I get a different text style (this seems to be the default) and I get dashed polygons which I have to change. The dashed polygon is another item which seems to be default when making that change.

Edited by J. Wallace

Hello Forum,

So I'm working on a model of a deck addition and I have a tree in some landscaping nearby. This shows up in 3D views in Open GL but the 2D geometry isn't visible in Plan View. Also when I create a viewport of the plan it isn't there either. It's the last thing I need to do before submitting these drawings and it's driving me nut. Any help much appreciated.

Raj

If you copy that plant object (I am assuming the tree is a Plant object, specifically? Please confirm) into a new blank file and look at it first in Top/Plan, then in 3D, do you see both aspects or just 3D?

In the new doc you pasted the plant into, are any classes turned off?