site Model resizes when I update it

steve s

I sent some road polygons to surface, then updated the site model , then the site model expanded, become a bout 4 times larger, therefore all objects i made like roads were out of alignment.

I have no idea what I did to cause this, and I do not see an easy way to get things realigned.

earlier I may have resized the entire drawing, but checked at every step to make sure things were ok, but I did not update the site model. Could it be just wrong resize an entire drawing when you are using a site model?

Any ideas? Thanks

Intersecting Contours, Pads or Boundaries?

Maybe a system restart would help?

Things are funky if the Send to Surface doesn't work.

Try reproducing these problems in a new test file with a new small site model made from new contours (pretend is ok) and only a few modifiers.

If the new file works, the source file probably has some corruption or is too big. (my guess)

Create another new blank file and Paste in Place a few elements from the source file to the new. eg start with say half the site contours and create a new version of the site model (but no modifiers). Now try Send to Surface. If OK, Paste in the remaining contours. Then one modifier and test Update and Send again. Continue adding mods and other elements, testing after each addition. Maybe you will find a bad object this way, or surpass your system capacity.

If nothing works, can you send the file to your Japan or other version distributor for tech support?

Good luck!

-B

Thanks Benson,

I pulled out my source 3d polls and pasted into a new file. I discovered they were all corrupted, elevations changed and some had a few vertices way out of whack.

I changed them to 2d polys to get them flat then changed back to 3d polls and set the Z el. again, thus starting all over almost . This worked.

the only thing I think I did to cause this is resize the entire drawing not thinking about affecting z heights. The other corruption I have no idea.