Section Viewport on Design Layers. Empty Viewport

Conor3000

Hi All

First post.

I'm pretty well accustomed to section viewports onto sheet layers.

I'm hoping to create a section viewport in a design layer to overly some 2D work by my structural engineer.

Starting in plan projection I cut the section line, create the viewport and it appears as a tiny minute empty red cross hair at 0,0 within design layer

I've turned on all layers, classes and yes, section line instances..I just can't see anything.

The reason I want it on a design layer is to have alongside my plan to update the model.

Hope you guys can help

Conor

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Phil, I thought I was alone on this, a big step forward but it's not the full answer yet

I did indeed change the 3D view and found it within the model space (I used 'back" actually). Thank you

However I can't seen to rotate it (in 3D etc) so it is "flat" or rather the same plane as my plan.

What I would like to achieve is a section viewport alongside my plan, so I can overlay detail etc in the model space (and see the section update as I draw). Annotation layer is good, but wouldn't this way also have advantages I think.....

Thanks again

Isn't there a 'Flatten Viewport' toggle in the OIP which changes the 3d DLVP to something that resembles a 2D Section SLVP?

I haven't looked at this with SP2 but last I checked these were close to what you get with SLVP's but lacked some of the graphic controls.

Joe