Massing Model

alfresco

I am working on a concept plan and have a massing model. I would like to change the roof to show gables. When I indicate using the custom profile I am taking back to the basic geometry of the roof where I can change the shape of the room,m but I am unable to edit the roof criteria. Has there been a change to w2015 regarding editing the roof for a massing model?

Thanks,

lm

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The default custom geometry for the custom roof profile is generated based on the parameters settings when the object is first created.

If you want to create a custom roof based on the current settings, Uncheck use custom roof, edit the profile group, select all, and delete all the geometry in the profile group.

The Massing model will create a new default roof in the profile based on the current settings when you exit the profile group.

Now check use custom roof and edit the profile group again.

You should now see the a roof that matches the last used settings.

We made a change to this behavior many versions ago because people were having their custom roofs destroyed when they unchecked Use Custom Roof to temporary make a simpler model.