Zoom chaos!!!!!

EricB

Hi Katie

using OS 9.2

messed up: parts of drawing invisible when zooming in/out, mostly when in symbols, highly annoying!

also, when changing a group within a symbol, I get 'pushed' out the symbol visually, but i'm actually still inside, but can't see a thing...

dear Katie , help me out!

If you are using OS 9.2, update to OS 9.2.2 to take advantage of Apple's update video information.

As for the second part -

Are you saying you are in edit symbol mode but can't see the groups or any objects?

Are you zoomed out enough to see them?

Can you select all and click on the "fit to objects" button to get the objects on the screen?

Then you can see where they are relative to 0,0 and reposition them if needed.

Also, make sure you have all the correct classes set to visible and class options are set to Show Snap Modify others so you can see everything that might be in an invisible class.

Oh, yeah. I am on 8.5.2 and this happens all the time. You have a group in a symbol, and enter the symbol to edit it. You then enter the group and make a change. When the program generates the change, it does not display it, but rather it displays a rectangle showing some other view of your document. The shape of the rectatangle depends on the extent of your edit. It's a display thing. Scrolling out and back to refresh the display often brings the correct image up (the edit has been made, but is just displaying wrong). A surer but inconvienient fix is to ungroup groups in symbols to edit them.

I don't know if this has been dixed in newer versions.

So this means upgrading to OS 9.2.2.

it's like buying a car without wipers on your windshield; when driving in rain, pull-over, or buy our extension-kit, i.e. wipers !!

The Zoom -tool is a essential tool when drawing, without proper functioning, the program is quite handicapped

The 'solutions' from Antone are familiar to me, I guess it stays a matter of hardheaded ploughing through the mud.......

Well given the fact that Apple builds the video updates in the OS, and OS 9.2 didn't have the video fix in it, then yes, you will need to update to OS 9.2.2 to resolve your problem.

It's a free update, fairly small. You can do it from Softare Update or by going to Apple.com and downloading it.

[ 02-13-2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]