Order of Sheets in Publish Dialog

Kevin McAllister

Question

11 answers to this question

+1

Did you mean OIP? or rather manual sorting in the Publish dialog?

Anyway, sorting beyond alpha numeric could be helpful.

-B

Benson, I meant Navigation Palette not OIP as I wrote. The Publish dialog sorts sheets alphabetically in the left had column. There is no way to organize this by stacking order. Because I organized mine by stacking order in the Navigation Palette they always appear jumbled when I'm creating sets for publishing.

Kevin

• Like 1

Another +1 from Belgium :)

It's a bit strange, sometimes it seems like I *do* manage to have them appear in the stacking order when I hit publish.

If they are initially sorted by name, sort them by something else, preferably that's empty (Path from selected folder, in my case).

Then hit a few times the Show all items checkbox and presto!

It's on the lines of vodoo magic, so no gurantees this will work for other scenarios.

• Like 1

There's some degree of irony that I first published this wish in 2015. This still frustrates me every time I use the Publish dialog. I have no idea why the sheet order in the Publish dialog and the sheet order in the Navigation Palette Sheet List work differently. Why can't this be made consistent?

Here's today's example. First the publish dialog sheet layer list (which is a dog's breakfast) - 

Screenshot2023-09-18at12_14_52PM.thumb.png.23c4612c7b72c6688317080ca5a08e84.png

And my sheet layer list in the Navigation Palette (nicely organized) - 

Screenshot2023-09-18at12_16_21PM.png.e3e81568dbc2191372953e839139f72b.png

Could this at least make it on the Road Map?

Kevin

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @Kevin McAllister,

In VW 2024 in the Publish dialog there is a column for the Sheet Layer stacking order. If you sort by it you should get the same result as the navigation palette.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

This is so exciting! I've installed it but I haven't setup my workspace so I'm not using it yet. Here's some incentive to make it happen sooner. Thank you!!

Kevin

• Like 2