Border disappears when I Export PDF or publish

Whenever I try to export a PDF or publish several PDFs the border of my sheets and of my title block disappears on the left right and bottom sides.

It makes the PDFs look very amateurish and I can't find a consistent way of fixing it whilst still keeping the results to scale.

I use an A3 Brother inkjet and have configured Vectorworks to print to this rather than a standard ISO A3.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Matt

Matt - Maybe the disappearing borders are some other problem, but you may only need to create a custom page set up. Start with same A3 sheet size, but with smaller margins all sides so the printable area is big enough to include your border. Some printers support zero margins, don't know about the A3 Brother.

Example shows my 11x17 custom sheet made in VWX on a Mac via Edit Sheet Layer. I think this is stored in OS, though, because I see this sheet option in other software. You can start with a standard sheet in the list, duplicate it and modify. Edit - oops, standard sizes do not show up in my custom size list. Write down the A3 paper size, create a custom size with A3 dims, then adjust the margins.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=11753&filename=11x17%20custom%20sheet.png

Edited by Benson Shaw

I think some of the presets are legacy from early printers that needed lots of room to grab the paper and keep it on track through the paper path. But that's a guess.

I'm often irked by online pdfs, usually forms, that don't leave enough margin, so I have to fiddle the presets or save/print at a smaller scale.

Anyway, glad that this was a simple fix!

-B