Option to create closed polygons when splitting polys.

bc

Question

It's that simple.

Now when I split a rectangle or poly etc, the result is two open poly's by default.

Could we please have the default option to create closed polys when splitting?

I usually always want my poly's closed.

I think this has been requested? Or maybe there is a setting I am unaware of. If so, please advise. Thanks

5 answers to this question

+1

But I prefer this to be an option. Closed can be default.

Currently, right after the split, it's an easy single click in the OIP checkbox for Closed. This converts all the fragments of the split into closed polys.

But if everything is closed automatically and I want open, it's way more clicks to open the reshape, select the Show/Hide mode and click the edges that need to be open.

-B

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I think an optional mode for the Split tool solves it entirely. I personally always want closed polys after a split, but I have seen some use cases where having it keep them open, even if the original poly was closed makes more sense.

Plenty of room in the Split tool's Tool bar, it only has 2 mode sets at the moment. Submitting request now.

I'm thinking 3 options:

1) Always create open polys

2) Always create closed polys

3) Automatic (Default) Create open polys when splitting open polys and closed polys when splitting closed polys