Disappearing "Saved Sheets"

We just had an odd thing happen with one of our VW 9.5.3 files that was converted from an older VW 8.5.2 file. The file contains four saved sheets and two of these sheets have become non-functional. The names of the saved sheets still appear in the pull up list, but choosing them does not switch sheets.

Next, I opened the "Saved Sheets" script palette and all four sheet names were still there as well, but if I option double click the two bad sheets to open the script editor, the editor is blank, the script has been wiped clean.

It's an easy fix though, I just re-saved the sheets and replaced them for the bad ones, but I have never seen this one before. Has anyone else?

Thanks,

PeterT

I haven't seen that one before and I've seen alot of stuff!

Did it only happen with one file when converting from vw 8 to 9 ?

If it happens again, email the file in to us so we can look at it and see what's going on.

Sending in the original vw 8 and converted vw 9 file would be really helpful

tech@nemetschek.net

Katie,

So far it is only this one file.

As this was my co-worker's file, I'm not sure if the glitch occured during the conversion or later. This file has been opened and closed many times since the conversion and the problem was only noticed when the user chose on of the bad sheets for the first time.

I f we notice it again I will send you the file before re-saving the sheets.

Thanks,

Peter

Katie,

For additional information, I just realized the troubled file was a file converted from VW version 7 to version 9.

The other thing that is happening with these converted files is that any walls with cavity lines display a very heavy lineweight (30 mils or so). Checking the lineweight of the wall itself or the lineweights of the cavity lines, they are all normal, but the wall lines (not the cavity lines) display so thick that the wall looks black.

I think this is the first time we have converted files from v7 to v9, so I don't know if this is expected behavior.

Thanks,

PeterT

• 4 months later...