Lights not turning on

drmdzh

I have a couple of instruments on a FoH batten and just trying to turn them on! I've done the right-click "Turn on", got a focus point set etc etc. Nothing seems to work.

This problem seems document specific as I created a blank document and tried everything and the lights work fine. So there is some setting somewhere in my document that is not allowing the lights to work. Any ideas?

I have attached three images. One of a test document to show I know how to hang a light and turn it on :-) Works fie. And two of the actual file I'm working on, a wireframe one showing the positions and a Fast renderworks one, basically showing darkness.

Thanks.

I can't seem to edit the symbol in order to set the default instrument texture. If I right click I get all the lighting device options, but in the render tab in OIP it says Cannot Apply Texture to Object.

Also, only the ETC Source 4s and Source 4 PARs are not working, other instruments seem to work OK.

And the Source 4s work fine in the test document, so it has something to do with importing them into the current doc.

I can't seem to edit the symbol in order to set the default instrument texture. If I right click I get all the lighting device options, but in the render tab in OIP it says Cannot Apply Texture to Object.

Also, only the ETC Source 4s and Source 4 PARs are not working, other instruments seem to work OK.

And the Source 4s work fine in the test document, so it has something to do with importing them into the current doc.

You can't access the symbol directly from the lighting device -- you need to modify it from the resource browser.

The first thing I would try is, with your problem drawing active, browse to {VW App}/Libraries/Defaults/Lighting Instrument - Symbols/Instrument Symbols

Locate the lighting instrument texture, right-click, and choose "import". When prompted, choose to replace the resource in your file.

If that doesn't fix the issue, and you are using the symbols that shipped with VW, you can do the same with the S4 body symbol in the library file. If not, find the symbol in your resource browser, with the file set to Home.

HTH,

Josh

OK< thank you. I had to delete all of the instrument symbols in my current document resource browser and then Import them from the Default VW library. Replacing when prompted did not work for some reason (I had tried that before actually.)

Thank you very much, the lights are on now! No idea what I did to get into that situation.