Sign in to follow this  
BLAM

Deep brick Reveals

Without having to increase the brick depth of a wall component how can i tell vectorworks to render the brick surface hatch for deep brick reveals?

ScreenShot2015-01-16at153931_zps93cd01eb.png

Apologies, I do not understand the terminology.

Can you post an image of the effect you are looking to get out of the rendering? Even a real life image would be helpful.

A bit exaggerated i know but the brick work is not wrapping into the reveals

A1812_N147_powerpoint.jpg

Edited by BLAM

If my reveal is 300mm deep, I want to avoid increasing the depth of all my brick wall components by 300mm just so that it renders correctly

I don't think there is a way to get that with surface hatching alone, but anyone with a thought is welcome to prove me wrong.

Have you explored the sill function in the window tool?

Blam

How are you intending to detail the window opening? If you model the opening the way it is going to be built, then your renderings should draw correctly.

I don't think the standard tools allow for deep reveals (someone please correct me if that is wrong), so you may have to do something like introduce separate brick walls to represent the brick reveals.

Could you please add a signature to your posts? It makes it much easier for other users to respond.

Blam

How are you intending to detail the window opening? If you model the opening the way it is going to be built, then your renderings should draw correctly.

I don't think the standard tools allow for deep reveals (someone please correct me if that is wrong), so you may have to do something like introduce separate brick walls to represent the brick reveals.

Could you please add a signature to your posts? It makes it much easier for other users to respond.

Ok thanks for that, It looks like i will have to do as you mentioned and insert separate brick reveals.

Sig added :)

thanks for all your help!

I guess the most direct way to have brick wall returns would be to Extract Surface to make a surface for each wall return, and put a texture on it. This is a method used for making wainscots for walls.

I know that windows can put splayed jambs in walls at different angles - did anyone try that?