Offset Mode Buttons

Andy Broomell

Question

I desperately want the Offset tool to have a simple mode button to turn on/off the option to "Close Open Curves". It's annoying having to go into the tool preferences every time I want to switch it on or off, which seems to be every time I use the tool.

I suppose there should be a mode button for "Smooth Corners" too, though I don't personally use that option much.

Less clicking!

6 answers to this question

Absolutely needed.  Buttons for Close Open Curves and Smooth Corners would remove the need for a preferences button completely.  I'm fairly sure I filed an enhancement request for this years back.  I searched for it but I haven't been able to find it.

Another obvious need is a button to switch between the Polygon and Line modes for the Double Line and Double Polygon tools.  These I have filed an enhancement request for.

5 hours ago, mike m oz said:

Absolutely needed.  Buttons for Close Open Curves and Smooth Corners would remove the need for a preferences button completely.  I'm fairly sure I filed an enhancement request for this years back.  I searched for it but I haven't been able to find it.

Another obvious need is a button to switch between the Polygon and Line modes for the Double Line and Double Polygon tools.  These I have filed an enhancement request for.

Tack it on to the UI refresh.