Cant See Loci

Hey Gang,

I feel like I'm having a very amateur moment here, and its perhaps that I haven't used Loci since upgrading to 2015 so maybe there's something there. I cant see 2d loci in any view other than top/plan and no 3d loci at all after placing them. If I hover over where I know they are they highlight but they don't stay. I've checked that the layer and class is correct.

I don't see any other forum threads discussing this so perhaps its me. Can anyone shed any light on this one? Thanks a million!

Hayden -

The 2d loci may be projecting to the layer plane - so visible in Top Plan, but out of frame in other views. Just a guess. Otherwise it seems kinda strange.

Look at your Vectorworks prefs. In the display tab there is a pull down for display of 3d loci. It defaults to visible only in wire frame.

HTH

-B

You Guys are legends, thank you all so much! I still seem to have the problem though. Ive placed the 2D loci on the design layer, in layer plane. Ive got show screen objects ticked, its solid, its black, its layers and classes are on I can see it and move it in top/plan but as soon as I go to ANY 3D views its gone, again, if I hover over it or select it I can see the highlighted Loci but theres no black lines.

I open a new drawing, go to front view, place a loci and it doesn't appear, again hovering or selecting it works, but its not actually there. I don't believe Ive played with any setting beyond the defaults.

3D Loci are the same. Visible in top/plan but disappear in any 3D view, again it highlights. hmmmmmm

Edited by Haydenovative

Hey Guys,

Bit of an update. Ive spoken to our distributor and discovered that unified view has something to do with all of this. When its on I get the disappearing act, off they work the way Id expect them....still odd. HTH

Update:

This is what I have Received from OzCAD

"Hi Hayden,

There are a few things that influence this.

For 2D loci, if you have Unified View checked in the View menu, then they will only appear in a Top/Plan view because they are considered 2D objects.

3D loci visibility can be controlled via the Display tab in Vectorworks Preferences.

But I think there could be a little bug here because the behaviour in 2015 is a bit different to 2014. I will report it and see what they say"

"Just confirming this is a bug. Hopefully it will be fixed for SP3."

Edited by Haydenovative
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue; sure seems like a bug...

Loci, and the loci of things such as stake objects and lights, are invisible in 3D views (including Top view) in both wireframe and OpenGL. Present and selectable, just can't see 'em... Even with Preferences > Display > "Display light objects" and/or "Display 3d loci" set to Always.

However, with Custom Renderworks (default settings) they DO show up (as long as they're set to "Always.") VWIS043