Another door/window bug

Actually, when I place a fresh window in 10.0.1 using the Window tool, I automatically get a transom that can't be eliminated whenever I choose bi-parting casement. That doesn't happen with the old Simple Window 2 tool. This is clearly a bug. I hope that the numerous problems with the new window and door tools have been fixed with the upcoming (?) 10.1 release . . . We'd rather not have new tools that don't work! It causes us to lose a lot of production time.

The tool "broke" as I was just using it. The last time I reported this problem, someone had asked if the problem occurs with "On Schedule" unselected. I can now say that it does occur even when "On Schedule" is not selected. All window and door insertion tools cease to work, and any window or door edited in the info palette disappears. I have to quit and restart to restore functionality.

This makes using 10.0.1 impossible. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with it on the current project - if I convert the file back to 9.5, all the windows and doors are UN-EDITABLE in the info palette. USERS BEWARE! I am faced with a potential quit and restart every time I use a window or door tool. I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with the quality of the programming and testing of these tools.

Peter, yes, my transom window problem is identical to that with the sliding windows. My major problem, though, has to do with the tools just crashing (see above). Did you experience the kind of bug I describe, where, after you place a window, trying to edit it in the info palette causes it to disappear, and all window and door insertion tools to be disabled? If so, did that problem go away afer receiving the modified PIOs?

Hi, I never got the new PIO from NNA. My workaround is to use the "simple window 2" PIO instead of the one now called "window". Simple window 2 has no transom abilities and therefore (I surmise) doesn't have the same problems. We have also had a bunch of weird behavior with files created in 9.x.x in which the files will not "update to v2 objects" and instead crash. For the most part, just as in the 8 to 9 transition, it seems that files created in 9 function better in 9 and files created in 10 seems to work fine in 10. I'll be gone for a couple weeks and look forward to reading about the ongoing saga when I return. Best! Peter