Set Working Plane

First in what will probably be a long line of issues!

I am trying to use the working plane tool. I select the tool and set it to the Planar Face Mode. I hover over the face I want to use. I click and the tool blinks. Great so far. Problem is, that the working plane doesn't get set. As far as I can see visually, aside from that blink when I click, nothing changes. I couldn't find how to deactivate automatic plane, but I found the backslash shortcut for it, and the message bar says it isn't available in this context (so I assume that isn't stopping me). Any idea how to actually set the working plane?

Thanks!

Make sure you have the second mode of the Set Working Plane too selected.

The face should hilight in blue and once you click the Working Plane will be set to that face with the origin at the point you clicked.

By second mode you mean Planar Face Mode? Yes, I do. The blue highlight works as I hover around, but after clicking, nothing changes and no working plane appears.

Edit: Missed the attachments. Yes. I am using planar face mode and clicking the face I want to select.

Edit 2: You've magically fixed it. I opened the file to get a screenshot, repeated the same steps I did over-and-over yesterday, and it worked.

Edited by RedBassett