window sills

Thanks, I made a new wall and have put a window in from the wall toolsets and now it opens the same side as the sill, I think my previous wall style must have been corrupt.

What I'm struggling with now is trying to position the sill correctly. My window is offset in the wall by 50mm towards the outer face, but the sill seems to be locked to the inner face of the wall. Is it possible to lock it to the window do you know?

I'm still not getting this. If I open a new document and bring a window in from the tool sets without altering the settings, it arrives without a sill. I go to a side view and the window shows fine, I click add sill, and the sill appears to the left side with the nose pointing left, (it's a bit lumpy but I guess that US style for cabins). I make the window a side hung casement, open angle 30º, click 3D open, but the window opens to the opposite side to the sill nose, i.e. inward opening.

Is there something wrong here??

• 2 weeks later...

I've sort of figured it out now. I understand now about the window being placed in the wall according to how you draw, i.e. if you were to draw a series of walls in a rectangle shape and start at one corner then draw the walls in a clockwise direction, the outside of the windows will be on the outer face of the rectangle enclosed by the walls that you drew.

The flipping works ok, it's the sill that's still US dedicated. In the UK the back face of the sill is in line with the back face of the window frame, I've worked out that the inner face of the US sill is fixed to the inner face of the wall for some reason, I'm guessing it's due to your timber frame preference for houses.

To get round this I make the sill depth (No 4), the full depth of the wall and then add maybe 40mm for an external drip projection. Oh I reduce the sill height to 40mm as the default setting is a massive 152mm!!

Yes I agree that the window tool needs the engineers to take a look!