VW 2015 Keeps crashing on startup

I really had enough, If I'm Lucky, it doesn't crash the 10th time...

All loads, I can see a new document being created, and then, poof, it just crashes. The log files are no use as they don't tell anything what went wrong.

Does anyone else encounter this? I really can get some help with this.

Debugging with Visual Studio gives me the following:

Unhandled exception at 0x0000000000000048 in Vectorworks2015.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation executing location 0x0000000000000048.

Edited by Dieter @ DWorks
  • 8 months later...
I really had enough, If I'm Lucky, it doesn't crash the 10th time...

All loads, I can see a new document being created, and then, poof, it just crashes. The log files are no use as they don't tell anything what went wrong.

Does anyone else encounter this? I really can get some help with this.

Fortunately I don't have these crashes, however since last week another CAD program on Windows started crashing on start-up or open/save a file after a windows update. On another computer it does not do this. It could be that something got messed up during windows update on your system.

In the case of Vectorworks you may want to check if all VW program folders are read/write accessible and not read only for some or all of them. This may solve possible access problems. In the past it did solve some crash at startup issues but that was years ago.

Edit: just noticed that Dieter's post is from last year, but it may still apply for Iggy re the Vectorworks part.

Edited by Art V