creating tapered extrusions along a path

ploh

Hi. I'm trying to create an object that would look like a tapered extrusion along a path. I'm using VW 9.5.3 and I know that there is no command to do this in one step, but I can't figure out how to create it on my own. Does anyone know how to accomplish this task? Thanks.

Not easily ..

You can create the object in sections and add the sections together.

Lofting, depending on the type of object the end result is, may be an option.

Or use either the tapered extrude or extrude along path and then use subtract solids or intersect solids to get the end result.

• 4 months later...

I ran into this type of problem while trying to create reducing pipe elbows. We have Julian's 3d Manager for VW9 that allows such items to be created. Since I am in VW10, I had to go back to VW9 to use it, save the file, and open it up in VW10. I am not too sure if Julian Carr still has this available for purchase, but it is a powerful tool that allows you to create many things otherwise undrawable. I believe there is a link from nemetschek's website under "Add-on Products".

Sorry this is 4 months late, but perhaps it can help others who have such a question while doing a search.