VW 15 Crashing when I "publish"

when I try to use the publish command VW is crashing. For example in the publish dialog box I want to print multiple sheet layers. I change from PDF to print in the "Add new item as" drop down menu, VW crashes every time. I like this tool but is getting very frustrating.

Also I have noticed that my print dialog boxes are running very slow in VW 15 compared to VW 14. I have change anything on my system. I am not upgrading to Yosemite because it doesn't support any of my printers.

Any thoughts?

I have the same problem, though it's not consistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If I can get a repeatable condition I'll post back, but just wanted to add my name to the list for this bug.

VW2015 SP1

macbook pro 2.6GHz, i7

Edited by Ride
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. It has happen from the start of installing VW 15. We are not upgrading to Yosemite as well due to not supporting current printers. I also noticed just the print dialog box seems to be very slow with this version.

I just opened a blank drawing & created 2 sheet layers. I exported to PDF with no problem or lag time. I would say 99% of my files are created from a template made a few versions back. I am think that maybe if I copy all my template info into a new VW 15 file it will solve most of the problems. I am going to do a test on that.

• 5 months later...

Also having a similar issue since upgrading to 2015. Happens with files on local drive or on network. Only happens when using the "Print" option through the "Publish" command. We typically "Print" to the Adobe PDF print driver.

When we "Publish" and use the PDF setting it works fine.

When we print individual sheets through the standard print option it works fine.

Seems to have gotten progressively worse which is odd???

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Also having a similar issue since upgrading to 2015. Happens with files on local drive or on network. Only happens when using the "Print" option through the "Publish" command. We typically "Print" to the Adobe PDF print driver.

When we "Publish" and use the PDF setting it works fine.

When we print individual sheets through the standard print option it works fine.

Seems to have gotten progressively worse which is odd???

Does this happen if you perform a print via publish from a new document, not created from a template? (Just place a few shapes in the page area to test printing)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, its file specific. This corrects issues related to printing, where the file gets stuck to an old "default" printer that no longer exists.

The issue should already be fixed as of SP2 or SP3 I think, but any files that still have the problem would need this script run on them manually.

It also fixes a bunch of other "housekeeping" issues in files that have been carried from version to version regarding printing, we use it frequently in support. Also helps when you get a sheet layer that refuses to give up its page size or a specific file that wont let you print current view.

Edited by JimW