How to control units on Elevation Benchmark

I was just using the Elevation Benchmark tool on a section. The first 9 worked as planned, with units showing in feet, inches, and fractions of an inch. The 10th and all subsequent Benchmarks started showing feet, inches, and DECIMALS of an inch. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it to show FRACTIONS. Now, all of the Benchmarks I place show decimals.

I'm using VW2013 because I started this project in 2013 and don't want to deal with the nightmare of brining it into a more recent version of VW.

Can someone out there please help?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that the Elevation Benchmark uses the document rounding precision.

I'm guessing that the first 9 Elevation Benchmarks you put in landed on an exact fraction of an inch.

If you duplicate one of the original 9 or place a benchmark exactly on top of one of the original 9 does it also show as decimal?

In any case, I think the fix is: File > Document Settings… > General Display and Dimensions Tab > Change the pulldown for Decimal Precision to 1.

You will probably have to run Reset All Plugins or nudge the Elevation Benchmarks to get them to redraw with the fractions only values.

hth

mk

PS. Of course, this will change all the dimension objects to fractions only.

Edited by michaelk