Removing 'Fit Walls to Objects'

whashisface

Hi

I have drawn some walls which I then trimmed to the underside of a roof object using the 'fit walls to objects' command.

I no longer want the walls to be trimmed to the underside of the roof so how do I remove this without having to redraw the walls?

The VWs manual and google have not helped so I was hoping someone on here would be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Greetings all,

Was looking for this too, and was glad to find a script in the knowledgebase.

However I just tried the script and it's saying the SetWallHeights function is depreciated and should not be used.

Checking the VW Developer's wiki, it says this has been depreciated from VW2012! And points to "Architectural Category" for replacement. However it does list the ?related? functions

DelObjStoryBound

DelObjStoryBounds

GetObjBoundElevation

GetObjStoryBound

GetObjStoryBoundsAt

GetObjStoryBoundsCnt

GetStoryLayerInfo

HasObjStoryBound

HasObjStoryBounds

SetObjectStoryBound

Will post in Vectorscript section for help on translating the SetWallHeights function to one of those ones indicated. I'm guessing its the SetObjectStoryBound. Will post my findings there.

• 2 months later...

One way is to double click on the wall and you get nodes, click on point you want to change and drag down or up and tab into the line and type the height you want, hit enter and the wall changes height.

If you have a wall like in the attachments you lower or raise the end nodes then delete the nodes between and you get back to a level wall.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Like 1

When I download the file and try to open it I get the error message which states that this file was created in an older version of VW and so will be converted but when clicked OK I get the message that this is an unrecognized file and will go no further.

Any help? Maybe the file is created in VW 2016? and I am still 2015?

I have VW2015 and I simply downloaded and placed the "ResetwallElevations.svs" file into my "C:\Program Files\Vectorworks2015\Plug-Ins" location, started VW and go Tools/Plugins/Run Script and scroll down to the script and if you have walls with peaks it will flatten them down to a chosen height.

HTH

• Like 1