Worksheets

L+K

I'm using VW 10.

My drawing uses the 'simple door 2' symbol & I've attached the door record info in the Object Info palette. Then I created a worksheet & imported the door record information- it shows up, but not the way I want it to and if I try to click on an item to change it, it highlights everything (Database sub-rows, according to the manual).

Is there a way to edit these sub-rows individually w/o losing everything?

If not, are there any suggestions for a better way of creating a Door Schedule in VW?

Thanks!

The sub rows are because the worksheet is a database. It's pulling the inforamtion from the door records attached to the doors themselves.

To change this information, you cannot do it in the worksheet. You need to go to the door in the drawing and change the information in the attached record fields.

I understand that I can change the info in the object info window. My problem lays in how the information was brought into the database, i.e. NOT in chronological order or anything resembling order.

EX: Doors are numbered like this:

First Floor D1.1, D1.2, D1.3

Lower Level D0.1, D0.2, D0.3

While I realize this is not a "standard" numbering sequence, it does have logic and would be nice if I could get these in the order they should be.

In addition to this, there are also several rows which contain partial information (such as a door size) and should not even be included in the database. I can't even tell where it's coming from. When I do a custom selection for Door Record, only the doors are selected, as they should be, BUT the database is adding rows I don't want and would like to remove.

So, I'm hoping there is a way to edit the database.

Please let me know.

I'm not clear on your exact problem, but if you're saying that you're getting rows in your schedule from objects which have door records but aren't doors, I've found a few tricks for tracking those down.

Open the schedule from the Resources palette and turn on "Database Headers" in the pulldown menu. If you highlight one of the headers you can change what's listed in that column. For example, you can type in

=C

and get the class for each record object.

=L will give you the layer, I think =S gives you symbol. I've found that helpful in locating which objects have records. Just don't save the file that way, or your schedule will be messed up!

As far as my experience goes, your door labels should list alphanumerically, so all the lower level doors should be together first, then first floor, etc. Are you saying that you want them in a different order? Or that they're showing up randomly on the schedule?

If you need to SORT the info, you can use the little stepped icons located at the top left corner of the worksheet. You simply drag whichever icon on the column you want changed in the "database header" strip. The only things you can change on the database cells is the font, the width of the columns, and what info you want displayed. All other cells can be manipulated as with any worksheet. Or you can go into the RECORD being selected and change the format, but this should be done before placing symbols.

I've heard of different complaints about the database worksheets, and am always puzzled. I think they work fine for what they are. We use customnized record formats to gather info on symbols and have had only great success with them (as door, window, p-fixture schedules, and tracking worksheets for symbols in the drawing). My only complaint is that worksheets cannot be exported in DWG format....

• 6 months later...

I'm having similar problems with my worksheet, I'm trying to sort by my "window ID #," but my worksheet they come in out of sequence, i.e. W1,W2, W6, W4. No idea why it's happening and hitting th esort button in the database file doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

The windows are shown in the database in the order they were created I believe.

There is no way to change the way they are shown in that list without going back and changing the ID number of the window itself in the drawing.