bcd

Bug? Vectorworks Viewer checkboxes

I'm not sure if this is across the board, but with OpenGL the option to view with textures is greyed out but permanently checked. This should be unchecked as OGL textures are not available.

Oh btw - imo - if options are not available in the Viewer they should not be shown at all.

The practice of greying them out is an irritating marketing strategy used in Fundamentals but it just looks mean and unfriendly on the free viewer.

Perhaps a better way all round would be a friendly Upgrade Now button where on mouseover all the goodies available would be revealed, and on click up pops a mini version of the online store.

Just yesterday I tried VW Viewer for the first time, hoping for it to be a tool which would allow a remote colleague to view and interact with a 3D model. Unfortunately no textures are displayed which makes the viewer quite unhelpful for 3D models. Although I wouldn't expect RW rendering capabilities, the textures should still be displayed in OpenGL.

It doesn't get any Renderworks guts at all from what I recall. I think I have seen a request for this in the past, if not I'll submit a request now.

I doubt anything would be added new in the current version, most feature request items come in the next version at the earliest.

On 1/23/2015 at 6:22 AM, PVA - Jim said:

I doubt anything would be added new in the current version, most feature request items come in the next version at the earliest.

Hi, it's 2019. Is this for real?

No OpenGL option to see textures on VW Viewer?