Sign in to follow this  
Mickey

Clay Paky Super Sharpy and Mythos symbols

The Clay Paky website only has autocad files.

I tried importing the ACAD file but the sharpy was 300' wide.

That's pretty super!

At least Martin has VW symbols on their site.

Since VW is almost the industry standard you'd think the manufacturers would want to get their symbols in designers hands.

Hi Mickey;

I just released the 3.7 packages of Vectorworks symbols that include ADB, Clay Paky, NSI Colortran, Martin, Strand, and Vari*Lite. The Clay Paky library includes the B-EYE series, and the Martin library includes the latest Viper series. I just updated the 3.7 libraries in September, and I'm [not] surprised that the new Mythos fixture was unknown to me. Take a look at the rest of the libraries, and contact me off-list regarding the Mythos.

All best, Steve

self-promotion>

Hi Mickey;

I just downloaded the Mythos & SuperSharpy symbols. they look to be the same body. The 3.7 Clay Paky SoftSymbol object library includes the Super Sharpy; guess the Mythos got released after my last cruise through the Clay Paky online catalog.

all best,

Steve

Hi Mickey;

I just did a double-check. The Mythos **is** part of the V3.7 Clay Paky SoftSymbol Object Libary Pack. Take a look when you get a chance. All best,

Steve

Hi Mickey;

I just did a double-check. The Mythos **is** part of the V3.7 Clay Paky SoftSymbol Object Libary Pack. Take a look when you get a chance. All best,

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Yes Mythos and SS share the same body, but have different internals so for drafting purposes they are the same.

I tried reaching out to ACT the US distributor and they don't have anything and had suggested I try the claypaky website.

Yeah I did try and they only have autocad symbols.

It's funny but to me I would think that as a manufacturer, and distributor you'd want to have your fixtures available as a symbol even before you could buy the lights.

Don't you want designers to design with your gear?