Saving multiple scene shift plots

drmdzh

I know there has to be a simple way of doing this, but I haven't found it yet...

I have set with multiple screens and platforms that are re-arranged on stage for each scene. I've got all the pieces in 3D and can move them around as needed, however, is there a way of saving each "scene", i.e. the positions of all of the pieces, so that I can switch back and forth between them easily without having to drag each piece separately?

Thanks.

Adding to Kevin's reply, you can right-click a layer in the Navigation Palette and choose "Duplicate." If you end your layer names with a number (ie. "sc 1"), VW will even increment the number for the layer name. Also making the scene layers invisible will speed up the process as well.

-Josh

• 2 months later...

I'd have to agree with Benjamin here. Up till recently I organized scene shifts by layer but began to run into issues like scenery / masking utilized in multiple scenes, yet not in every scene. I ended up deploying classes which worked exceedingly well.

Once classes are created, it becomes a simple matter to create saved views / viewports, which are easily updated if things are added/changed. In the initial planning of a recent show, every scenic aspect was in play, from the masking thru flown scenery to deck-based scenery. and so creating views to reflect the various scenarios was a piece of cake. For example: the giant US platform in the Palace scene used straight steps. The same platforms in a later scene used a section of curved steps and additional platforming / steps atop the base install. It seemed to me that creating the layers to satisfy these types of requirements would end up not as elegant a solution.