COBie Spreadsheets from Vectorworks - Anyone doing this?

Is there a way to export a COBie spreadsheet from Vectorworks?

The only reference to COBie I can see are a few tabs in the IFC data window which were added in 2015.

Is anyone creating COBie spreadsheets for their projects and if so how are you going about this? I know Revit has a COBie Toolkit plug-in which looks pretty good; hopefully something like this will be available for Vectorworks soon.

• 1 month later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Will

Go to File>Export>Export IFC Project... From the dialog box select Data>Export Options and then select "COBie/Facilities Management" from the Model View: dropdown menu. Don't forget to do the Layer Mapping before you select OK.

You will have then an Ifc file, if you want to see this file in spread sheet form you would have to install the COBie Tool Kit.

Hope this helps ;)

Edited by JuanCarlos

cobie toolkit throws exception after exception. mostly null pointer, some handler exceptions a.s.o.

no ifc file is getting imported, although apparently prepared for cobie.

admittedly, it's a big file (142 mb), exported from the vw 2015 version, but the functionality is dramatically bad.

rob

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I had missed those export options, thanks. Although what is the difference between the four IFC versions? When I export as 'COBie/Facilities Management' it seems to be the same as 'CV 2.0 - Architecture'.

The COBie Toolkit is only available for Revit though isn't it - or is there something similar for Vectorworks..?

On a slightly different note, the whole process of attaching custom IFC data to symbols/objects seems very long winded. It would be nice to be able to enter custom IFC data into the OIP much like you would with record formats.

• 3 weeks later...