plant scaling

domer1322

has anyone besides me noticed that the plant scaling feature doesn't work? I noticed that scaling the 3D plant in the OIP using different dimensions seems to scale the plant in wireframe, but the OpenGL render and the RW rendering modes produce plant sizes that are differnt. That is, the same plant changes sizes when you switch from OpenGL to RW. Am I the only one having this problem ?

I cut and pasted two trees from my very large file and made a small file for you. The small file still shows the same asymmetrically scaling problem.

I am also puzzled as to why this file is so big ... almost 7 Meg and there is nothing in it except two trees and one 3D rectangle (I used the 3D rectangle to match the height of one tree so you could see the difference when asymmetrically scaling the tree. I 'purged' the file and it is still over 6 Meg.

Well .... then I tried to attach the file to this email and your website says there is a limit on the file size of 2 Meg. Now what ?

I investigated a bit further. Scaling seems to work on some of the image props that are in the default content for placing a plant. However...... try importing the tree image prop type "juniperus Communis". I found that the asymmetric scaling does not work on it (correctly) and you'll be able to replicate the behavior I described in my initial post. I imported both sizes of junipers communis and they both some the same incorrect scaling behavior.

I'm using VW 2015 on a iMac with system 10.9.5.

PS: I might upgrade to Yosemite. Are the pdf export and printing issues resolved for using VW with Yosemite ? (I read about the problems on the forum postings).