Export Image issues, VW2015

I seem to be having issues with the Export Image command since updating to VW2015. I’m not sure if it’s working as programmed and I’m misunderstanding something, or whether it’s being buggy. It’s definitely working differently than in 2014.

Previously, I’d select Export Image, click on Draw Marquee, then draw the desired marquee. This takes you back to the Export Image dialogue box, where the Print Size dimensions would automatically reflect the dimensions of the marquee I just drew (which is what one would expect). Then I’d make sure it’s at the desired resolution and format and click Save.

Since 2015, upon returning from drawing the marquee, the print size seems to have no correlation to the size of the marquee I draw. It’s sometimes absurdly small or unbearably large, and although I’m able to type in whatever dimensions I want, it really needs to match the marquee. That way it’s predictable, especially when you have a pre-rendered sheet layer viewport at a specific size and dpi that you want to export directly as rendered.

Additionally, I prefer to export as PNGs and uncheck the options for Update Viewports & Reset PIOs before saving, but these seem to be periodically reverting themselves to JPEG and being checked, respectively. It used to always save whatever I did last.

All of this is making exporting renderings way more laborious than it should be.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am not seeing Vectorworks 2015 behave as you describe, but I have heard similar reports recently.

Can you send a file where you are seeing that problem in to tech@Vectorworks.net? Mark out (with rectangles is fine) a few spots where marquee is misbehaving, i'll test it here.

Please include this from your machine as well:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

I wasnt able to replicate in a test file but sometimes after rendering complex geometry odd issues crop up that may not occur in a simple test like I performed here.