Constrain Angle: On or Off

CEA

When I turn on or off the ?constrain Angle option in the constraints pallet, it seems to have no affect. For example: if in the angle constraint dialog box I set the ?Alternate Coordinate System? option to 22 degrees and turn on the angle constraint option, the angle will be constrained to 22 degrees when the shift key is depressed. However, if I turn OFF the angle constraint and press the shift key, the angle is still constrained to 22 degrees. I can see no difference in behavior with the angle constrain turned either off or on.

It has been this way since I began using the program in version 8. This behavior occurs universally on all of our 3 computers.

Am I misunderstanding how to use this constrain angle option? It would be nice to be able to easily toggle on and off the alternate coordinate.

Mac 10.2.2

VW 10.0.1

867mhz duel 1MB ram

This is by design.

If you have a constraint off, pressing the SHIFT key will temporarily turn the strain on based on that constraints settings.

When the constrain is on, you don't need to use the shift key to constrain as you have screen hints telling you where each constrain is.

The Horiz/Vertical works the same way. Along with holding down the shift key and rectangle tool - you will get a square.