Wall Height

This may be a corrupted file, but I've noticed that walls created on this file seem to be created 3702mm below the Z HEIGHT set at 0. (I have chosen the correct insertion HEIGHT in the WALL TOOL.)

The Layer is -3702mm below the main floor but I had assumed that my Wall should be inserted at 0mm in the LAYER. The BOTTOM BOUND is LAYER ELEVATION Bottom Offset is 0.

If I add a LOCI at 0 and force walls to 0 those walls have the same Attributes but are in the correct Z height.

What am I missing?

Thanks I'll try a copy paste in a new document. I did open a new doc & it was working as I would expect.

One thing I've never noticed before, is 0 is Universal and is my Ground Plane. That is to say that the Z zero is the same location regardless of the layer. To put it another way; a Layer 3M above the Ground Plane where the Wall sits at 0 in that Layer, the bottom of that wall is actually at 3M even if I have no other Layers turned on.

I would have thought that my Z when I don't have other Layers turned on would be 0 in that layer. Never noticed that before.

Vectorworks seems to be losing track a design layer's Z=0, often confusing it with world Z=0. Maybe since the advent of Layer Plane vs Screen Plane? I'm starting to notice (though really haven't investigated) that when I place objects in Top/Plan view when the mode is Screen Plane, they will go to world Z=0 rather than the design layer's Z=0. Although, I haven't noticed this behavior with walls...

But, when it comes to walls, I've been having similar issues as you describe (the numbers in the OIP don't match the wall's actual heights). In my case, the walls are in a file that has its origins in Vectorworks 12 (yeah, 12, NOT 2012...). (I can't remember if the particular walls were drawn in 12, 2008, or 2014...). In any case, maybe your file was originally created in a previous version of VWs?