Sign in to follow this  
doug shaffer

'sides' on a DTM

Hello -

I am working on several site models using the new features of VWArchitect and VWLandmark 9.0.1. Is there an easy way to make 'sides' on the DTM using new tools that I have not used yet? I would like to avoid the tedious 8.5.2 method of drawing vertical 3D polygons if at all possible.

Thanks,

d. s h a f f e r

a r c h i t e c t

Simply put the 3D model into a side view. If you want a fill for the area below the DTM, try changing your view options. If you turn on the Mesh Solid option while set to Triangles, VectorWorks will fill in the sides.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by doug shaffer:

Hello -

I am working on several site models using the new features of VWArchitect and VWLandmark 9.0.1. Is there an easy way to make 'sides' on the DTM using new tools that I have not used yet? I would like to avoid the tedious 8.5.2 method of drawing vertical 3D polygons if at all possible.

Thanks,

d. s h a f f e r

a r c h i t e c t

Hi Doug,

The 'sides' or apron that you mention is a new feature in VectorWorks Industry Series products that have the Digital Terrain Modeler. To have the Digital Terrain Modeler generate the apron, set the Datum plane in the Settings menu to a value below all of your data, and select the Mesh Solid checkbox in the View Options dialog. You can reach both commands in the Sitework->DTM Processor menu.

hth,

Frank Brault

Nemetschek N.A.