Stories, Bound walls and Windoor

AlanW

Hi,

Having trouble setting the height of doors in relation to the wall.

So I have a bound wall on a split level house and the elevation is -962 and design layer is 2-Slab. I set the wall to bound to foundation and top of structure. When I put a door in it attached to the high point of the wall with elev set to head of frame.

The only way to move it down seems to guess the Elevation and put in -520 and it lowers down to floor.

Anyone can suggest a good video or tutorial to better understand the bound wall / storey setup.

If you dont have bound walls its easy to set door position, but that would defeat the purpose of the program opportunities available.

Thanks

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Alan,

We probably ought to let Jonathan Pickup or someone else who uses both Windoor and SI units walk you through the proper workflow...I can describe and talk you through the "American" way but we use those crazy feet and inches and our door and window plug-ins function differently from Windoor's, consequently the workflow is a bit different and will probably end up with confusion. However, if you don't get an answer, feel free to email me at wgardner@vectorworks.net

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner