Section Viewport Questions

By default, when the first section viewport is created VW adds a class called Section Style. That class has a red fill and a thick black line. Change that class and you will change the look of the cut plane.

If you want to get fancier, look in the Advanced Properties > Attributes tab. You can give the objects beyond the cut plane graphic attributes of another class.

hth

mk

Guest Wes Gardner

Whoa! Wait a minute thar podner...Clip Cube can make Section Viewports...run Clip Cube, set your clipping plane, right click and from contextual menu choose "Create Section Viewport", done...

You can then do all the advanced options to get the materials to show (or not)

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner

Bruce

You can absolutely use the clip cube in a perspective view.

Just hover over a face so it highlights. Then right click. The bottom option will be Create Section Viewport.

For some reason (maybe Wes knows) you can't create a section view from the top or bottom surfaces of the clip cube.

hth

mk

Guest Wes Gardner

Let's see if I can answer correctly..

@ Michael - you're absolutely correct, Clip Cube will only let you "clip off" views from the side - currently it's a limitation of the tool

@ Bruce - I've attached a couple of views of a room I'm looking at raised paneling in, they are taken from the Clip Cube but they are ONE POINT perspectives (set in the OIP of the Viewport where you can switch from Ortho to Persp...currently, once again, a bit of a limitation of the tool, it can't produce the view you want other than doing just what you did - take a screen shot a place it on a sheet

Hope this helps...

Wes