Full Screen Cursor -- make possible to change color, opacity, thickness

Gilbert Osmond

Question

5 answers to this question

+1c

Would a key press that temporarily bring the full screen cursor alive and letting it go return back be helpful? Much like the snap loupe & x-ray

I could imagine many times I would use this,

And another keystroke to set a temporary guide whenever a snap point is acquired by one of the axes.

(VW>Preference>Guides>Dissolve temporary guides after x(s))

+1 Temp Full Screen Cursor keystroke

? Temp Guide keystroke - is this same as g key?

+1 Temp Guide active through x clicks or time (user defined)

-B

ps

Vectorworks seems to prioritize angle extensions (default is 30,45,60º) over extensions from ordinal, parallel, 3d normal, and other directions. Or is that just my imagination?

Edited by Benson Shaw
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

ps

Vectorworks seems to prioritize angle extensions (default is 30,45,60º) over extensions from ordinal, parallel, 3d normal, and other directions. Or is that just my imagination?

If you have angle snapping on, yes. There is a hierarchy but it changes as they tweak it. They have actually been messing with what snaps "win" vs other snaps recently, I don't know if it will roll into a "new" feature but its a key part of Vectorworks that really has a surprisingly massive role in how the software feels to a user.

+1 Temp Full Screen Cursor keystroke

? Temp Guide keystroke - is this same as g key?

+1 Temp Guide active through x clicks or time (user defined)

-B

ps

My two bits -- not interested in Temp Full Screen Cursor Keystroke, but fine if it's put in, as long as the default full-time Full Screen cursor remains available.

And I agree, my experience seems to be that VW prioritizes 30/45/60 angle extensions, I would much prefer to have ordinals and parallels first. Would be a nice refinement to allow this to be user-configurable.

-S