Grayed out menu

Kting

Has there been a fix for this as of yet? I've recently been experiencing this once or twice an hour recently and it is really effecting my workflow. I hadn't been experiencing this issue back when the previous threads were posted. It has started within the last month and a half for me. I'm experiencing the exact same issue as AlHanson posted almost a year ago. Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Has there been a fix for this as of yet? I've recently been experiencing this once or twice an hour recently and it is really effecting my workflow. I hadn't been experiencing this issue back when the previous threads were posted. It has started within the last month and a half for me. I'm experiencing the exact same issue as AlHanson posted almost a year ago. Thanks!

There have been fixes for the majority of the causes yes, however you might be experiencing a new one. If you are able to replicate it reliably, make sure to get in touch with support directly and we can get it filed if it isnt already on the list.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I have also had a similar problem occur - we have just upgraded in the office from .vwx 2009 - 2016 a few days back, and have had this occur twice so far. I'm not sure exactly what triggered it, but I was exploring screen/layer planes and rotating the view using the orbit tool when it occurred the second time.

OS X Yosemite v10.10.5

iMac (2013) 2.7Ghz Intel Core i5

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

@Katherine00 While your issue may be similar, I doubt you are having the SAME issue to post to a thread that is 4+ years old.  Better to start a new thread than add on to one see old. I am probably the only one watching this.

There are several threads about similar conditions in VW. If you are on a Mac and Monterey, I believe the temporary fix (until Apple makes the permanent fix) is to turn off Automatic Graphics Switching in System Preferences:Battery.  Do this for both Battery and Power Supply options.

HTH