Vectorworks Designer/Renderworks 2011 for sale

I'm surprised that someone hasn't snapped up this bargain. Vw has come a long way since Vw 2011 and even with the cost of upgrading to Vw 2015 it will still be a bargain.

I started with Minicad+ 4 in the early 90's on a computer that had a 230 Mb hard drive and just 8 Mb of memory. Even then though the 2D and 3D capabilities were very good. It is easy to overlook how far we have come and how much better the capabilities are now.

I sense though that we are on the cusp of seeing significant changes over the next few versions and the maturing of Vw into a program that will be a real competitor to programs like Archicad and Revit.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As long as the seller and buyer get in touch with a sales rep and get the license transferred properly, the buyer would be able to use this license to go directly to 2015 if they wanted. (According to my basic chart, which doesn't includes sales specials pricing, the buyer would be looking to save near 30% the normal purchase price.)

and the maturing of Vw into a program that will be a real competitor to programs like Archicad and Revit.

VW has the potential to be that.

It's good to know that the product development guys at Nemetschek may have finally taken the shrink wrap off their inhouse copies of Revit and Archicad and seen where the competition is really at.

eg:

Live sections

materials

multiple window support

renovation/phase capability

live hidden line rendering

etc

etc

etc

P.S. don't know if adding 3D surface hatching as a component of a texture is the right approach. Maybe it should have been a class atribute instead?

Edited by Kizza
  • 1 month later...