french door settings?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In your Door Settings, under the "Jamb" pane, do you have a setting for "Astragal Flange" and "Astragal Depth" ?

When I access the settings for your door, I see these values both at 1". If I set them both to 0", the stile goes away.

I had never noticed this setting until today, but it seems to remove it.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I hear a LOT of different terminology working with users here from different regions of the world, especially when it comes to components of doors, windows and roofs. I had never heard that referred to as a Stile or Astragal until this thread, only the "Center Post" "Mullion" or "Jamb Brace"

I theorize that my brain will be completely full of semi-useless facts by age 53 and then I'll have to start dumping out old knowledge to fit more in, like... my birthday, or what color the sky is.

I've heard it said that the astragal was the piece of moulding put on OVER the center stile. I used to call it the astragal, but gave up on it for a change.

Same for muntins and mullions. I switch back and forth depending on who I'm talking to and how much they want to argue with me about what is what.

Nevertheless, having an astragal/stile between two biparting doors is an important distinction, it's hard to believe that VW would bury it like that.

Jim, feel free to submit that as a request, but I won't hold you to it, seeing as how we all know where it is now.