ifc export issues

gester

1. i can't get my grid exported this way, i have more than 3 axes in each direction. can it be the reason? if yes, is there a workaround?

2. another thing with the v2015 ifc export:

in v2014 architect the exports were some 340 mb, initially my v2015 designer exported approx. 140 mb ifc files, now, two months later, i get on the same export (all mappings the same, v2015, sp2) the size of over 950 mb.

i'm gradually losing control over this functionality. can anybody provide some clue?

thx,

rob

Edited by gester

@Gester

Question 2 i can not help with.

Question 1. Dont know if I understand you correctly. But in the case of my grid that worked it looked like this (see attached). I just tagged with U and V. Do you have a z axis also on your grid? Have not tried to get it to work with a third axis. So that is probably were your problem is. Dont know if this was of any help....

Edited by ida

ok, i think i have it. let's see if it works...

unfortunately not. i don't see anything in the solibri viewer. the grouped axes are as an ifcgrid, set up with a grid name. everything as in the rubina's description, but to no avail.

is there any other setting i don't know of?

ida, can you provide an ifc-viewer screenshot?

thx,

rob

Edited by gester

@Gester

Sorry been sick so haven't checked the forum.

1. Have you tagged the lines individually with IfcGridAxis.

Choose one grid line In the window for IFC Data mark the "IfcGridAxis" under "Data Sets for this object", mark "AxisTag" under "Properties for the selected Data Set" and change the "String value for the selected property" to V1 for the first vertical line V2 for the next. For the horizontal,l UA, UB and so forth. Then make a group of all the axis lines and give it the IFC property IfcGrid.

2. export to IFC with story 1 in my case.

3.In Solibri it shows like the attached file. You have to click a button in Solibri to be able to turn on and of the grid. My pre settings are with the grid off. "Hide footprint control" top right corner. Marked on the pic. With the grid box symbol that appears on the right you turn it on and off, marked on pic.

Hope you get it to work now!

Ida

ida,

i presumed something must have been wrong with the display of the grid. now it turns out that everything was exported ok, with tags and all. the key was the solibri visibility of the grid lines (the two buttons you've indicated). thanks a lot :)

the one thing that doesn't work are the lines' naming conventions. i have numerical naming for the vertical lines, and letters for the horizontal ones. in the export all have numbers.

as soon as i have the vw access i'll have to test if the tagging ua, ub, uc a.s.o. would be a solution.

rob

• 4 weeks later...