black lines with grey hatches in viewport

I really like the new feature where I can assign a hatch to a rendering texture which makes drawing elevations much easier. There is one thing I can't figure out though. I would like the lines of the objects to be black and the hatches to be grey or colored. If I select the view port to be black and white it draws the hatches in black instead of the grey that I prefer. If I leave the black and white option unchecked the hatches will read properly in grey, however the pen colors show as the pen colors assigned to the object. Is there a way to get the pen colors to read black and the hatches grey in a viewport without having to change the pen color of all the objects to black?

Thanks,

Jason

Thanks Wes,

That makes a lot of sense. It doesn't seem to be working though. What I think you are saying here (let me know if I have something wrong) is set each object pen style to "class style", leaving the pen color that I prefer in my design layer and change the associated class color to black in the organization tab. I then click the "class overrides" and/or "class visibility" for the viewport. This is what I am doing and the lines are still displaying in viewport in the colors assigned to them on the design layer. Do I have something wrong here.

Thanks,

Jason