why is it beeping?

Ride

Did this always happen and I never noticed? When I choose the rectangle tool and input the X and Y dimensions and 'position at next click' is selected, when I press enter on the keyboard I get an error beep. If I press 'OK' to exit the dialogue box, no beep. Both 'enter' and 'return' keyboard inputs result in a beep.

Why is it beeping at me? I have 'use sound' off in the preferences.

WV 2015

Macbook Pro, 2.6 GHz, I7

16GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT750M 2048MB

Edited by Ride

I don't know why, but for me it is beeping anytime you are in a text entry field. If you tab out of the data entry fields then hit enter or return it does not beep.

If you are in a text entry field then it accepts and beeps. It does this in the Circle data entry screen also.

I just went back to VW2014 and it does not beep. It also has a much more limited tab function in that it only tabs between the text entry fields. In VW2015 it tabs through all of the user accessible fields (class, layer, rotation, etc.) and also through the check boxes and buttons.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Side note, to clarify:

Turning off sounds in the Vectorworks preferences will just disable the snapping click, eyedropper slurp and other "working" operations that make noises, it won't disable the error sounds. In this particular case, the error noise is being triggered when it should not be, this isn't a sound you are supposed to get normally.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have already. You can if you like but it's a pretty clean cut case of something broken, I don't think multiple submissions will help move this one along.

In cases where its a question of the original design being incorrect, lots of submits will help, but this one is pretty straightforward.