Do LAYERS override CLASSES?

C10916

I have many layers, many classes.

If I draw a shed (for example) in a DESIGN LAYER called SHED, with a CLASS of TIMBER_OAK and I turn off the LAYER called SHED (make invisible), will the class also become visible?

In other words do layers override classes?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

The longstanding basic premise is that Design Layers define a location or 'container' in 3d space (think Basement Layer, Main Level Layer, Roof Layer, etc.) into which Objects are placed whereas Classes, which can be assigned to objects, have two, sometime overlapping, uses: first is to control visibility; second is to control graphical attributes.

The beauty of VW's is the ability to create an interwoven matrix of Layers and Classes.

And I would somewhat amend, or add to, Jim's answer (above). If you make a Layer invisible, all objects in that Layer, regardless of their Class assignment, will become invisible.

If, on the other hand for example, you have a Class called Plumbing Fixtures and all plumbing fixtures, on all Layers, are assigned to this Class, then if you make this Class invisible, all the plumbing fixtures, on all Layers will become invisible.

Hope that makes sense and helps.