Speaker Tool Custom cabinets from 2014 to 2015

mikekow80

Subject says pretty much everything. Trying to find and move my custom speakers from 2014 over to 2015. I can't find them anywhere. I've got a feeling they are stored in the plug in and not moveable. If that is true I'll be sad! I swear I saw something about this but can't find the post/article now. I tried to import a symbol of a speaker I made from the manufactures cad but it wouldn't import that either.

Michael -

If you're meaning speakers you saved to the tool's library (by using the button on the Object Info Palette), all you have to do is to find "AudioToolSetData.xml" (found in "...Libraries\Defaults\Audio Tools") in your VW 2014 application folder and and copy it to the same place in your VW 2015 folder.

Because you're on a Mac, you might find the file in "Library>Application Support>Vectorworks>2013>Libraries>Defaults>Audio

Library>Tools." You might need to hold down the option key while selecting the "Go" menu in the Finder application to even have the Library root show up.

For others reading this, the same information applies to the Landru Design versions of Speaker and Speaker Array (called AudioBox 2 and AudioArray 2), from VW 2009-VW 2015.

Mike -

That file stores all of the info the tools need to build speakers and bumpers - things like dimensions, weight, dispersions, power, user-given name, etc. - pretty-much all of the info you see on the different tabs of the array config dialog.

As to new tools, I've got a list brewing, but have been putting all of my "code" time into enhancing the ones I already have! ;-)