Zoom Redraw Lag - Normal?

Is it normal to have a 1-2 second screen re-draw lag when zooming in and out in 2D? I thought it was just my under-powered mac mini ... but after upgrading to the Mac Pro, I see that the lag persists. It's über snappy in OpenGL 3D - so I'm a bit confused why VW 2015 seems to be struggling with 2D graphics.

I've turned off "Use Enhanced Navigation Graphics" and it seems to perform a little better. Has anyone have any other suggestions to offer?

Hi Mathew! Sort of same with in/out zooms on my system.

In a fairly complex 3d drawing with 4 visible layers, 20 classes, 200 objects and a few texture, jumped up from v2104:

Ortho views - no significant lag in wire frame or OGL.

Perspective views - short lag in both wire frame and OGL. About a second.

Strangely, 1st zoom after entering perspective seems instantaneous, but subsequent zooms lag.

-B

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This mainly stems from the Top/Plan view not yet being converted to use your graphics card for processing. The speed is noticeably better in OpenGL and 3D Wireframe as those two view types use your GPU directly.

Eventually everything graphical will be moved to the GPU and geometry operations will transition to multi-core processing, but it wasn't possible to convert everything all at once.