VW2015 Tab

BG

Not sure if this is the same on a MAC, but something seems to have changed when entering information in the OIP or Mode bar.

It's not happening at all times, with all tools, but I've noticed it on a few.

Select the chamfer tool, click in the first box & enter a value, then press tab to go to the next box. It doesn't go to the next box.

Similarly for the reference marker tool, after entering a value in one box, pressing tab does not take you to the next box.

This behaviour wasn't like this in previous versions & means you can't quickly tab between the various boxes.

Same behaviour on the elevation benchmark tool & Drawing label. Haven't checked any others.

Thanks

Edited by BG

Similar:

•Basic Palette Move by Points Tool

The Object Retention "box" third from left provides no feedback during hover/click.

I use quotes because the mode icons have a dark background box only when enabled. They are icons on a gray field while disabled. Not the problem here, but I don't like it much - a box usually means a choice. Boxless is not indicative of functionality.

Anyway, here's the problem: The Object Retention "box" remains dark during hover, whether the mode is enabled or not. Multiple clicking does not toggle the box while the cursor is in the box area. To see the mode status, the cursor must be moved out of the box area. Not good. When I click, I want feedback without having to move the cursor.

•Basic Palette Connect Combine Tool.

The Use Vertical Thickness (5th icon from left) mode does not provide feedback, box is always dark during hover or click.

•Basic Palette Select Tool.

Connected Walls mode. Same

•Building Shell Palette Wall Insertion Mode (3rd icon from left)

•This is a problem (for me at least) with any mode icon which is not toggled by its neighbors. The dark-during-hover status of any mode box offers feedback only if clicking causes a neighbor box to lighten or darken. Ungrouped boxes such as those listed above should be revised to provide status feedback during hover and click.

-B

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
It was working fine in 2014.

Are you able to open 2014 right now and tab between the fields of the Chamfer tool, for instance?

I am not able to tab between any fields on 2014 or 2013 in Win 8.1, Win 7, nor any of the older versions back to 2011. I thought this was possible though as well.

• 4 months later...