Boomerang Mode

CEA

When I use the boomerang feature by pressing the space bar, the program seems to to automatically select the pan tool. I'd rather have the 2D selection tool be the default tool selected in boomerang mode. Is this possible? I've check the preferences, but I may be missing something.

You can't change the boomerang mode to use the 2d selection instead of the pan tool.

The boomerang mode was designed for the ability to pan your drawing while in the middle of using another tool. Going to the 2d selection tool while in a boomerang mode, would end the process of the previous tool.

Is there a specific instance where you are in the middle of another tool and you need the 2d selection tool selected?

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

You can't change the boomerang mode to use the 2d selection instead of the pan tool.

The boomerang mode was designed for the ability to pan your drawing while in the middle of using another tool. Going to the 2d selection tool while in a boomerang mode, would end the process of the previous tool.

Is there a specific instance where you are in the middle of another tool and you need the 2d selection tool selected?

Katie:

I often use the boomerang mode with many of the "modifier" tools: the mirror tool, the offset tool, clip tool among others. Using the boomerang and these tools, I use the "x" key to switch to the 2d selection tool, but it would be nice to skip that step.

I tend to use the arrow keys to pan.

I usually use the boomerang mode to pan the drawing while being zoomed in and find it works quite well.

I tried hitting the "x" key while in boomerang mode and got an error message saying "Only Pan, Zoom In, Zoom Out and Flyover Tools are permitted here"

How are you guys getting this to work?

VWA 10.01, OS 9.2, G4/400 tibook

While holding down the Space Bar, press the X key. You should then be able to have the 2d selection tool selected. Keep holding the space bar down until you finish the function with the 2d selection tool. When you release the Space Bar, the previously selected tool will be the active tool.