loosing sketch styles in renderings

ray isaacs

i am using hidden line w/sketch foreground rendering over renderworks background rendering.

the images render as expected. however, the lines of the foreground hidden line revert to no-sketch after leaving the page or whatever...i can't figure what the patterns are; i can only assume that after a few clicks, the sketch style switch to no-sketch. very annoying because with this set-up everything has to be re-rendered over and over again.

has anyone else experienced this? is this a bug?

cheers,

ray

update: more details...when closing and opening vw, sketch is lost in the viewport cache. when lighting is changed, all viewports (now out of date) revert to no-sketch.

Edited by ray isaacs
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Unable to confirm. In a test file here on both OS X 10.9.5 and Win 8.1 I am able to apply a sketch style as the foreground render hidden line, enable save viewport cache, save the file and then I still see the sketch after restarting Vectorworks and/or reopening the file.

Does the same thing happen for you in a new file or only in existing ones?

thanks, jim, for checking on this.

it happens in all files, and has been for a while since at least 2014.

further investigation suggest that it isn't necessarily the viewport cache, as some recently opened files retain the sketch style in the image. but, seems to be more related--but not exclusively--to out of date viewports, even when there is no resulting change to the particular view. while the cached view would be fine for my purposes, i have to update viewports just to get the sketch style back.

if i discover any more patterns, i will let you know.

cheers,

ray