See through objects

Josh Schulman

So I'm working on this project and I have discovered that some of my objects are see through even though they don't have a texture applied to them. I made the text using the "Convert Text to Polylines" tool then I extruded the letters .1" I know that the letters aren't in the wall that they are next to.

The really crazy thing is that the letters don't show through when in different viewing angles, just this one.

Any help would be great.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Sometimes that just means the letters and the surface they are on occupy the same plane, so they will show through on occasion at certain angles. this is fixed by just moving the letters off the surface slightly.

However, I cant really tell from just that screenshot, if you can post that geometry in a test document here or email the original file to tech@vectorworks.net I can take a look.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There appear to be two panels (the large background rectangle) in the same location. One with a glass texture and one with a solid "White Dasher" texture. These objects being in the same location seem to be conflicting over whether the area should be transparent or not. if i move the glass textured extrude away from the white dasher textured extrude, the odd behavior seems to stop.