Yosemite and vw2014

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

At the moment there is no official word on compatibility with any version of Vectorworks and OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

Official testing has not yet completed. This is not saying there are or aren't problems, I simply do not have an official answer yet.

The instant I hear the official results, I will post them directly here as well as on the KnowledgeBase.

If you are concerned about compatibility or have a version of Vectorworks older than 2014, I would personally recommend holding off on updating until we give an official compatibility statement.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I have a problem - snap to intersection no longer works on Yosemite. I used to easily snap a 3d locus to the intersection of two nurbs curves. Tried it with two simple boxes - same problem. Not getting that bright 3d cursor anymore...

Turn off all snapping options in the Snapping palette, close Vectorworks, then launch it again and enable the snapping options, making sure to enable the Nearest Point on Edge option in the General pane of Tools > Smartcursor settings.

(The above suggestion isn't specific to Yosemite, but on occasion I have seen Mac snapping options get stuck and this helps reset them sometimes.)