White lines in SLVPs

White lines cross a rendered VP if the zoom passes through certain values. The lines seem to represent some kind of variable grid which is revealed during the zoom. The grid is not related to drawn geometry or hidden objects, as far as I can tell. Usually these lines don't show in save to pdf or print, but sometimes there are ghosts or bits of the lines. The problem goes back many versions.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=11331&filename=WhiteLinesVP.png

Edited by Benson Shaw

Yep, that looks like a different issue.

The grid issue is easily fixed, if anyone is wondering. For it, just make sure the 'Print Grid' option in the smart cursor dialogue is unchecked.

If that option is checked, lines like those in Benson's shot will alway occur on PDF exports, whether your screen grid is hidden or not.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=11342&filename=Print%20Grid.png

Thanks for comments, MD5, mjm, et al. My experience is a bit different.

My snap grid is always off.

My smart cursor>Sheet Layer Grid> Print grid is disabled.

Toggling the Print Grid setting has no effect. White lines are there either way.

"My" white lines are visible in the on screen SLVP view and in the system finder preview pane.

These lines are not visible in saved pdf sheets. (didn't try a paper print of the pdf)

More horsing around:

New file, new 1:1 DL, new 2d rectangle & extruded cylinder, new SLs with new SLVPs one in top view at 1:1, the other in flyover at 1:2.

VP Background render is OGL with all the options enabled.

Can't make the lines appear if SL Raster Render Resolution is below 200.

Vp OGL Quality setting affects zoom level required to see the lines.

Lower quality requires greater zoom out to produce the lines.

-B

My snap grid is always off.

My smart cursor>Sheet Layer Grid> Print grid is disabled.

Toggling the Print Grid setting has no effect. White lines are there either way.

Same in my case.

"My" white lines are visible in the on screen SLVP view and in the system finder preview pane.

These lines are not visible in saved pdf sheets. (didn't try a paper print of the pdf)

I have seen them on occasion in the resulting PDF files. Mostly in Adobe Reader, not in Apple Preview. I have seen them less since defaulting to a sheet layer resolution of 150dpi. I used to always use 300dpi but the file size became a problem on bigger projects.

Kevin

• 5 months later...