virtual wall component

ramooo

I am wondering if it is possible to work with virtual wall components.

I am trying to do that in order to create auto-bounded slabs in a way that allows to have an space complete open to the outside in one of it sides.

The problem I have found is that when I create empty components (as if it were a virtual wall) the component only shows invisible if the overall wall attributes are set to none, but with that configuration the whole wall became invisible in 3d.

Any ideas?

I did that already.

The virtual component is not for the open side of the slab but for the other walls.

I need the top component of the slab to cover the wall I am using as front cap for the open side of the slab.

Those settings work great in plan and section views, but in 3d the whole walls appears as phantoms. I only need the virtual component of the wall to be invisible.

Uffffff!!!! the situation is even more complicated:

When the class of the "virtual component" is off, the wall end caps produce a white mask in one of the side walls.

It seems like is not going to work...

How do you manage to have auto-join slabs when designing spaces with one or more open sides?

Please help

• 2 weeks later...

This is not the help you are looking for but my reaction is to say that I gave up on auto-bound slabs about the first or second time that I used them. All it takes is one edit to one wall of the perimeter to turn the entire slab into manually bound. We found this to be inevitable with every job.

Now we just create them by drawing the perimeter or purposefully unbinding them right after they are created with the walls.

I hope auto binding to walls is not the hold up with Roof Components because if it functions like the slab does we are more likely to stick with manually binding them anyway.

Joe